Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Jackson's arrival

So I know I am way behind and I feel so bad for poor little Jackson, but I have finally gotten around to doing a little post about his arrival.

Since Reagan came a week early and Jackson was weighing in as a week bigger than he should, we thought for sure he would come early as well. Everyone seemed to think that, including my doctor. Expectations will kill you! I think if I would have thought he was going to be on time or late I would have been fine but since I was ready for him to be a lot early, I was tired of waiting when his due date past.

Four days later I visited my Dr. and she said she wasn't sure what was keeping him in. She said I could be patient and just wait for him to come or we could induce the next day, or induce now. Since my mom was already in town to watch Reagan I decided to go for it. After a short trip to the house to pick up Rick and my bag, we were off to have a baby. I can't tell you have much easier it was than having Reagan. I was induced around 1, started pushing around 5 and  he was born at 5:23.

We stayed that night and after lots of great visitors, we got to head home that evening.


We were blessed to have my mom come to take care of Reagan while we were having Jackson and then stay a few days after, then Rick's mom came in town to take over. It was great to be able to focus on Jackson with the grandmas giving Reagan lots of attention in mean time!


Here are a few pics

Jackson and I just after he was born



My Doctor, Dr. Chamberlin, and I! She was a huge blessing! 


Proud daddy! 



Reagan meeting Jackson. I can't say she was overly impressed. 



Our first visitors and some of our best baby sitters, Carly and Chris from our staff team. We are sad they have now left Gainesville to go on new adventures. 

Our sweet boy! 

My mom and dad- Gigi and pops get to meet Jackson! 

Our first family photo as four!


My mom was a huge help that first week after Jackson's birth! 



Rick's mom came after mine and Reagan loved time with her grandma. 


Our buddy about a week old! 

I will post more pics of Jackson in the last few months! He's a growing boy!! 

No comments: