Sunday, July 1, 2012

Orlando

So as previously mentioned in a blog post, we are in Orlando for 4 weeks while Rick takes seminary classes through CRU here. I will say it has been a challenge for me to have my sole responsibility be taking care of the kiddos but it has been good for me. Usually, I am also working on other CRU stuff, and though I have a handful of responsibilities with some paris summer project finances, I mostly just have to watch the kids.

I love my kids I really do, but it has been a big transition for me to not be "working" as much. Or to see my job as raising the kids just as valuable as getting out on campus sharing Christ with students or taking classes with Rick. So to make the transition for the 4 weeks easier, I have found getting out of the house or at least the living room is key!

Here are a few pics of what we have been keeping busy with!


We take trips to the playground down the street from the house! Even in the rain (which we have had a ton of!)


We visit friends. This is Jackson with one of my best friends from High School and College, Chandler's kids Addison and Reid.  So good to hang out with someone who is in the same stage of life as me.  Her kids are both 6 months older than mine. 


We have friends come visit. This is Jessica from my staff team fresh off the plane from Paris. It was so good to see her and visit. And she loves on my kids which I love. Oh and she brought cupcakes. YUM! 


Grandma and Grandpa got Reagan this fun sand box. Reagan really loves playing in it. I think she is a beach bum and this is the closest we can get to the beach for now! 


Probably my favorite snow cone place is here in Orlando called Rainbow snow cones. The kids and I met rick there after class one day. They were delicious and I plan on making a few more trips there! 


Sprinkler time. We weren't quite sure if Reagan would like it but she really warmed up to it. I am planning on taking her to one of those splash pad things in the next few days. 


Reagan loves time with her grandpa. He shows her fun children's videos on Youtube. 

 

During those Rainy days I tried to get Reagan into coloring. She likes to eat the crayons more than actually color with them but I think its a good start. 


And when you really fun out of ideas you play in a box. 


Hopefully, I will have more ideas for the next two weeks! I'll keep you updated! Thanks for reading! 

1 comment:

Ashley said...

hey friend!!! great to read an update! And I can relate to the working thing! I haven't been in to work as much this summer and I can't decide which is harder...when i'm working lots and juggling the kiddo's or when I'm working little and with them ALL. DAY. LONG.!!!! LOL! Wish I could give you more ideas...I'll let you know if I think of any(:
Glad you are getting to see Chandler...I hate that we all live so far away from one another!