Tuesday, June 19, 2012

My favorite things

So a few months ago, I read on my friend Rachel's blog about a favorite party her and her bible study had. They all brought something for the group that was their favorite thing- like a certain soap , hair product, coffee mug, etc. Then they all made something to eat that was their favorite and shared that and played some games with favorite facts - movie, scripture, etc. I loved the idea and even shared it with my mother in law, Chris who is hosting a favorite party tomorrow with her bible study. I would love to have one myself but until then i thought it would be fun to share a few of my favorites with you. Post by post.

Sometimes I will share a few favorites, sometimes just one. Depends on the mood.

1. First off I love my Dyson vacuum cleaner. It's a DC25 Animal.

We have a dog, Fenway, (see below) who sheds A LOT. When we were thinking about getting a dog just after we got married, I somehow convinced Rick that golden retrievers usually only shed certain times of the year. Not Fenway, (though we still aren't convinced he's truely a golden- a story for another time) he sheds all the time. Anyone who comes over ends up leaving with a fenway hair covered outfit- too bad dog hair covered clothes aren't all the rage these days. So when we starting having kids who crawled all over our fenway hair covered floors we decided to go for it. That and a very very nice day after Thanksgiving sale 2 years ago that allowed it to be possible. Since getting it a year and a half ago, I can't imagine my life without it. It works amazing and with no bag it is so easy to clean! If you are in the market check out the deal site Bradsdeals.com and they usually post when they go on sale somewhere.  



2. Though I think it goes without saying, my kitchen aid mixer is a regular part of my cooking and baking routine.  Though most ladies wait for their wedding, my parents were awesome and gave me one for christmas about 6 years ago and I haven't looked back since. 


In this pic my friend Jessica is using my mixer, proving that it really can make anyone a baker. Ha, just kidding Jess... I really do love it. If you know me at all, you know I bake sugary treats with it several times a week. However, lately rick and I have been using it to make fresh pasta and it is awesome. It is a little more work, but totally worth it. Other things it can do - (if you have the attachments) shred just about anything, grind meat, knead dough, and the list goes on and on. I use it to my my homemade pimento cheese for the summer. Yum! 

Well that's all for now. Stay tuned for more of my favorite things! Sorry I'm not rich enough like Oprah to give all you 4 readers out there one of all my favorites. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Luck for you I have both (or all three of you include the dog)- so we'll just pretend you are Oprah!! Can we take a road trip across the country??