Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy (Late) Father's Day

So I was working on this Father's day post last night and in the process of looking for pictures I looked a little too hard and got caught up in all the pictures we have. So needless to say the post didn't happen. So here is a little belated Father's day post. 



Rick with our new addition- Jackson. This was a few weeks ago- Jackson is MUCH bigger now. (that post coming soon)

 I love how much Rick loves our kids. He takes time out of working and playing to love on and give them attention. I love how he comforts Reagan when she gets a boo boo. He scoops her up and even lets her yell loudly in his ear, while he soothes her back to her playful self. I love how he is teaching them to play- to not take life too seriously. Most of all, I love that he is a dad that is in the parenting with me. He doesn't just sit by and let me do it all, he's right there next to me changing those diapers (and there are a lot with you young-ins) and cleaning up messes, and hugging our babies. He is a terrific dad! 





 Now my Dad is one great Father too! He taught me so much and I am who I am because of him and my mom's love, support, and guidance. He taught me the importance of hard work, but also about playing too. He taught me how to water ski, so many hours in the lake treading water, just so I could get up on those skis. He taught me how to play softball and took time to play with me in the back yard and go to my games. He gave me a love for the beach and is now passing that along to my kids too! In a time where so many dads are absent from their kids lives, I was truly blessed to have one just the opposite! I am so grateful to have him as a dad!




Finally, I want to recognize, Gilbert, Rick's dad. I am so grateful for the way he shepherded Rick and taught him how to love well.  I know that Rick learned so much about being a good husband and father from following in his dad's footsteps. Though, Rick terrorized his father growing up and still does on occasion- I love they have a close relationship. I hope Jackson and Rick will be the same one day! 

Happy (late) Father's day Dad's! 


No comments: